Monday 4 March 2013

FMP - Brief 4 - Identifying Be-Ro typeface

Source: http://www.whatfontis.com/Sauna-Black-Regular-underware.font

I found it pretty difficult to identify the typeface Be-Ro logo uses, so using whatfontis I identified a close typeface but still, one which wasn't exact.


The original Be-Ro logo


I decided to outlines the logo in its simplest form, to try and understand the shapes and making up of the letterforms. The end result looked something like courier.


I decided to play with line weight, as after all I don't want to create a huge change to the logo - it needs to be recognisable and retain it's history and ethos, but simply have an updated look, this I feel will be best by retaining its curve, and it's simple rounded serif typeface.

The end result create a somewhat similar appearance to the typeface used in the original logo.




No comments:

Post a Comment