Monday 18 March 2013

FMP - Brief 8 - Email / Question Response


1. Why did you call your online store 'Thrift Box'? 
To be honest I don’t have a clue! I wanted it to reflect something that was creative, with affordable products. I like the idea of thrifty items that you find online or in little shops. So I tried to think of a name that would reflect it.
2. Why did you set up your online business? What were your intentions? 
I started making little items, and after a while got overrun with them. I had a lot of people at work and friends asking for orders. It made it easier to set up my site so I could catalogue my items, rather than just having images on my phone and on facebook.
3. What is the ethos / message / key words of your brand? (eg sustainable, playful, fun etc) 
To show that handmade items don’t have to cost the world, and that profit isn’t the key priority in my business. The key message really is quite playful, and fun, as most of my items are related to the media (characters within films or tv shows).
4. What items do you sell the most of? 
I would say that my keyrings sell better. However I havent had the time to make more stock of the more popular items that I am asked for (as my bags and stuff have to be hand painted, which can take 3hrs per bag).
5. Do you have a favourite item, if so which and why? 
I absolutely love my Very Hungry Caterpillar Purse. I have only ever made two, one that I have kept for myself haha. It sold on my site within a few days, which I was happy with. I want to make some more, as I think they are quite popular. Everytime I am out, I get compliments on my purse!
6. Do you have a favourite online Etsy store branding? If so which? I really am a fan of the below:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Asleepfromday?ref=seller_info (I love the minimalistic designs, and pastel colours!)
 I've come up with a range to design, let me know if you think they're appropriate:
 - Business Cards
- Labels
- Postage bags & boxes (to send items in) I currently own some yellow candy bags that all my items are shipped in, If you would like those to brand then you can? J
- Invoice design
- Postage message card (e.g Thanks for your purchase)
- Website customised URL???
- Etsy Update - Photography / Branding / About etc
- Promotional Piece - Lookbook / Mail out - Will give your company some exposure 
All of those would be amazing steph! I cant explain how much this would help me out, you are a star!
 Let me know if there is anything else you need 
With the responses given I believe I will be able to produce something which really fits into her product line, and create something which Lauren will like. It will be easier for me to start my concept development now I know exactly what her shop is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment