Wednesday 13 March 2013

DC - Planning Research

Before I started designing I really needed to get a better understanding of what it was I wanted my publication to be about. I already have my topic, which is packaging, but what I wanted to gain from my research was something I needed to focus on. After compiling my questions for creatives to answer, I got a better understanding which revolves around the idea of how important the design of packaging is. 

My publication content plan:

1. What is packaging / what counts as a form of packaging

2. What types of packaging are there
- Form follows function (eg pharmaceutical )
- Aethetic Purpose, for display ( eg for the sale of a product ) 
- For design / For more than just packaging (transforms into something else for another use )
- A form of advertisement

3. The affect print and stock choices have on the design of a packaging design
- Quality
- Effect
- Price
- Interest

4. How important is a products packaging design
- To what effect does it have on its purpose / consumer / product

5. What does a packaging designer need to consider?
- Design choices
- Limitations
- Target audience
- Stock / Printing processes
- Consumer
- Location

No comments:

Post a Comment