Tuesday 5 March 2013

FMP - Brief 3 - Front Cover embossing

So using the stock GFsmith kindly sent me, I went to vernon street to test each of the colours to see which revealed the embossing clearer. Initially I was having a few issues as the machine used to emboss kept resulting in slanted designs - half of my design was embossing, the otherside not, but managed to get it resolved after speaking to a technician. I found some the stock very difficult to work with due to its smooth velvet texture, the Plike stock, although great quality, revealed every tiny mark and scratch which wouldn't be great when It came to folding and constructing my publication. I found thicker stock worked best, inparticually the brightest and darkest, anything inbetween wasn't really visbale. 

I am very happy with the final outcome and have picked a select few to work with. I intend on getting some feedback as to which should be used from my peers at a later stage. I intended on also book binding today - talking to someone about the best approach before starting the designing stages so I know exactly what to do, but no one was available which is a bit problematic, so I've shuffled my diary around so I can see someone tomorrow to hopefully get a clearer idea of how to approach it.




No comments:

Post a Comment