Tuesday 5 March 2013

FMP - Brief 4 - Bakery Aisle

I visited Morrisons bakery aisle today to try and get an understanding on Be-Ro and how it stood out within the baking market. To my surprise, I found it very hard to even see a Be-Ro products, as the bakery aisle has been overtaken by the Allison brand and its huge array of products on offer.

So now I have a better understanding of what needs doing to the Be-Ro brand - it needs to be distinctive and stand out against a crowded market. One way I could do this, is to move away from the traditional methods of packaging flour - to create something more substantial, for its packaging to be more solid, and substantial, to be easier to use rather than the messy and easily rippable paper bags which are used. I too feel it needs a larger range, currently it has two products - these need to be expanded, and can be easily by producing a range of sizes, and uses.




No comments:

Post a Comment