Wednesday 23 January 2013

FMP - Individual Tutorial with Fred

So I had an individual tutorial with Fred which I found really interesting and informative. It cleared up a few concerns with my briefs. I wanted to know if being more conceptually driven would aid my final products. He seemed happy that I was trying to be more concept driven within my briefs, but warned me to be careful regarding time spent on research to inform concept, and what informed the concept - that it could be research or process driven.

I normally undertake my tutorials with Amber so it was a nice change to get another side of opinion and suggestion. 

Issues discussed in tutorial

Douwe Egberts
Where will it be sold? 
Is it already driven by your research? 
Targeting design material for coffee shops? Enjoy here, enjoy at home concept.
Where is it going, how is it going to work?

10 Things
Early learning centre?
Community centre?
Activity sets?
Concept driven by context and research

Phrase Books
Possible combination with Paper chase? Driven by content?
Look at crossovers between briefs


Make decisions about and concepts now.
Start developing plans based on these decisions.
What is your criteria for success? 
research, concept, development, resolution - all need to inform each other.


Tasks

Targeted research for each brief.
Research through making not just reading and collecting
Clearly define roles and responsibilities within collaborations

My own notes:

Paperchase and Doing my nut in combination? Phrases across stationary range?

Concept - Doesn't have to be informed by research, could be driven by process - print, die cutting, etc

Develop to show / make

How much scope is there for development - exploit!

No comments:

Post a Comment