Wednesday 16 January 2013

FMP Changes to Briefs

After the FMP Tutorial with Amber I came to realise that I had a problem with a few of the briefs I had chosen. This started with the UK greetings and Paperchase Collection brief - they were so similar I thought it best to combine the two, to re-write the brief to be a larger, more extensive one, so instead of producing just one design, but to create a range.

I realised the 'Camping' Brief was an issue when I tried to communicate to the group what I wanted to do for it, I couldn't. It had simply been a last minute brief I had written to build up the numbers. Although written on an interest of mine, the outcome didn't fit to my skills and I don't feel would benefit my portfolio. So at this stage I feel I would be wasting my time dealing with the brief, and will remove it.



Re-written Paperchase Brief




I've combined the Paperchase brief with some elements of the UK Greetings brief, but have decided to make it more focused on designing the collection toward Paperchase and with that, Retail. I have combined the concept focused elements of the UK Greeting brief, with the aesthetic elements of the Paperchase pattern brief. Although removing a competition brief, I still have another to fall back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment