Monday 14 January 2013

Brief 5 - Laura Ashley

I have a huge interest in interior design, and all the products within it, more so the prints and illustrative patterns you can get on almost every house hold object. This is what has made me so excited about doing the Laura Ashley brief, that it will allow me to produce something usable in the real world, and will give me creative freedom. 

I wanted to see about the range of products which are able to be printed on, and the list is extensive. Below are a few different products which I like for both aesthetic purpose and as a decorative household object.

The patterns on the selection of mugs below, although a varied different pattern, work together as a series. This ideally is something I would like to be able to achieve within this brief, to create a range of illustrative surface pattern designs, so each product is individual to itself.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/New-mug-designs/2802225



I love cushions. Like, loads. Probably have about 20 on my bed at home. 
This is another area I could push my pattern design into, and thats textiles and fabrics, which then opens up an even larger range of products I could design for. The colours used within the below designs in what I like best, its out of my comfort zone in regard to designing with so much vibrant colour, but if this is the outcome, I think its worth giving a try.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Bibu-Geometric-Cushions-Cover-Collection/6233045


I work primarily in black and white, so the designs below realistically are the closest to my current design style. I like the simplicity of the concept of the mug collection, showing the four seasons. For my product to be successful it will need a strong concept and idea like this.

Source:https://www.jossandmain.com/The-Four-Seasons-4-Piece-Cup-Set~WJD1019~E792.html




No comments:

Post a Comment