Monday 14 January 2013

Brief 3 - Typographic Dialect

I was struggling a bit trying to think about what I wanted to do for the special edition of my regional phrase book, Firstly I want to create one large book rather than 5 singular, so this adds problems to how I choose to lay it out appropriately - Alongside this I want to add more elements which will help the understanding of accent and dialect. So in relation to this I came across a few different way language has been represented thought design, below a pocket sized book. A similar format to my original design, but the differentiation from page to page regarding typography is an interesting element. This year i really want to improve my type and layout skills so I hope this is a step in the right direction. To be able to produce something as well as the below project.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Accents-and-Dialects/6338423




I found this interesting due to the link between illustration, info graphic and typography - its a combination. Using a vector shape of Britain, and dividing it into its regions, and using regional dialect of the county to make up the shape of the region, it a really clever way of communicating and displaying language to a particular area. This could be an ad-on to my original book idea - a visual way of explaining alongside the solely typography side of things.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Great-Britain-Dialects/3800961



No comments:

Post a Comment