Monday 14 January 2013

Brief 5 - Wrapping paper pattern

I want to create something Paperchase havent done before, their pattern collection choices seem to focus on cartoon character and colour palette, I would like to bring something contemporary to fill the gap. Looking at few colours, and a more intricate illustartion style I came across the below textile surface patterns and gitware ranges

The colour and style used in the below pattern is certainly something I aspire to be able to create, I want to push myself in this module to be as good as I can be. To focus an area of my portfolio on illustrative surface pattern design,

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Summer-patterns/1733297


The old, classic, war time style this wrapping paper achieves is something I quite like, using string for instance to wrap the paper adds to this quality. My interests lie in antiques and the old, aged appearance papers and furniture obtain over the years, so looking at this as a creative platform could lead this brief to be highly research driven, and could be quite fun and experimental looking at ways to age paper.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Birthday-wrapping-paper/5283735



Hand rendered type is a favourite skill of mine, after coming across the below design, I realised I could utalise my skill within this brief and make something really quite beautiful. Content is something I will have to research and consider, regarding what the collection will be used for, whether to use something which is transferable, such as flower types, dog breeds (each to their own) or to make it primarily related to an occasion.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Personalised-Paper/6599739



Similarly to the above design, the below made me realise to the extent I could push my hand rendered typography to become a range, and how flexible and fun this brief could be. The products below are something I really want to be able to do, to the quality, and proffesionalism. Over this year I want to do at least 2 briefs which I really enjoy doing, I believe this to be one. I feel I do a much better job of the final outcome, if I enjoy the brief itself.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Holiday-Collection/6009117







No comments:

Post a Comment