Monday 14 January 2013

Brief 3 - Surface Pattern Design

As I want to concentrate and improve my skills within illustration for this brief I decided I wanted to try something new, to create surface pattern design, to push across a giftware range and packaging. I have found it difficult to try and do in the past, so its a technique I will have to research somewhat as to how to create a pattern which can be duplicated and create a swatch from.

I came across these really cute surface pattern design in relation to Spring / Summer - The topic I intend on concentrating on illustrating. Colour is an important element within these designs, they have been limited in regard to colour types (pastels, earthy etc) and have been carefully considered due to subject matter. 

Although the reason for the below designs is simply aesthetically driven, I want mine to contain meaning and reasoning - to be able to give explanation to my reason for doing the design and choosing content. This is something I need to look into further.

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Ditsy-Collection/6388907



No comments:

Post a Comment