Tuesday 22 January 2013

DC - Brief 1 - Anna Walker - Illustrator

I came across Anna Walker whilst looking at children's books and found a real interest within the illustration style of the book 'I love my dad'. The simple watercolour character illustrations against a white backgrounds - the images were simple enough for a child the age of 3 - 5 to understand, and playful enough to be child friendly. 

'I love to dance'

\

I don't believe in dragons 

A slightly more adventurous method of illustration, there is a lot of colour and background content behind characters. I'm a bit concerned this may be too much for a young child to understand in this style of illustration - with watercolour there is no harsh outline to separate objects. 


Storying boarding is something I must consider


My favourite of Anna's books, I really like the colour palette and illustration style, I would like to emulate this within my own designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment