Monday 25 February 2013

FMP - Brief 7 - Further Design development and feedback

Designs sent previously:



Feedback Recieved:

Okay so looking at the images i like the bottom left image. only thing i would change is maybe make the b of the Eb into captial ?
how do you think that would look ?

Kym 


I had been aware that proffesionally the lower case 'b' wouldn't have worked too well but I had initially struggled to produce a legible logo using two uppercase letters. So firstly I incorporated it within the writing logo, making sure each of the capitals where of the same X height. I also looked back at the rest of the words, as half is upper and half is lower case lettering so I made sure again that the X height was the same. I had to work with kerning quite closely so the lower case 'eauty' as it had became quite condensed.


Designs produced in accordance to feedback:

Working with kerning above


Keeping the X height consistent


Below, the range of designs I sent to kym. The three logos I managed to create my manipulating shapes and lines. Once the letters were expanded to become objects I found working with them a lot easier. The top right I feel works best but as I am working for a client, I felt it best to send across all produced logos. I have also reversed the colours to see again which she prefers. 



The design I am most happy with, as the two letter logo is legible and not too busy like the others, and I too like the colour choices, I feel text looks better in black, and the logo being best in colour, but I will need the choice to be made by Kym.


Email Sent with attached above images:



Hope all went well at the Beauty event today! 

I've managed to come up with 3 designs for the 2 letter logo.
I have changed it to capitals.
I have also tried reverse colour, so let me know which of the 6 designs would you like as a finalised piece?
Unless there are any further changes you would like?

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment