Monday 11 February 2013

FMP - Brief 2 - Coffee Format primary research

I wanted to get a better understanding of what products already exist in the coffee market, relating to drinking the product at home, and what formats it comes in to do so. There a large amount of coffee takeaway products I came across, primarily there are two types of contained - A ready made cup, to simply add water, or a pourable sachet. Each provide an easy way to produce a cup of coffee to drink at home.


Douwe Egberts have already attempted to get more people interested in drinking their coffee at home, over a coffee shop by providing a cup, milk powder and coffee granules. I think this approach is far away from what Douwe Egberts wants, which is to express their heritage through their products. The cheap takeaway coffee like product doesn't do this. I need to provide quality and convenience in what I choose to design.


The outer packaging remind me of crisps - the packaging is the same material. This again is something I want to avoid, I want to provide a quality material.


No comments:

Post a Comment