Wednesday 27 February 2013

FMP - Brief 2 - Screen Printing Packaging

So after my screen printing tests last week I decided to explore a few more fabrics and ink colours. This time I create circular shapes from the fabric rather than square after realising the workability or wrapping it around the glass jar would be a lot better.


I have changed my mind about colour palette, after experimenting with black on the hessian material. It looks a lot more professional and legible and is more in keeping with the company's colour palette. Below are my mock ups for coffee cup heat protectors. I have also produced a quantity of tags, all with white on hessian so it will need re-printing but I feel will be worth it in the long run.


The process has been a lot longer than initially estimated having tested an array of colours and fabrics, so I will have to work my butt off to try and squeeze it into my hectic deadline for this brief as its due in just a few short weeks. The packaging is central to the answering of the brief so I don't think it's time wasted. I intend on finishing the packaging this week so I can move onto in coffee shop design and advertisement material.


No comments:

Post a Comment