Thursday 4 April 2013

FMP - Brief 8 - Further Identity Development

After a little feedback yesterday I realised my colour choices weren't working too well - they were too dissimilar from the products Thriftbox sell. It was suggested I used bright bold contrasting colours like that seen within the hand made items. So taking the images from her Etsy site I swatched a series of 2 colour palettes to work with, the results can be seen below.





I then took the colours swatched and mixed them up a bit to create new 2 colour, colour palettes to work with.

After printing them to see how well they would work I found many colours too bright and powerful, making it very hard to read the cross stitch type. So I picked two designs which I felt worked best, which were the Purple and Yellow, and blue and yellow, finding a primary and secondary colour worked well together. I decided to also try and explore the yellow further, as when printed it resulted in a mucky brown.


I tried a few more 'yellow' yellows, and a few pastel colours, but found the pastel yellow not as strong when working as the text. I hope to ask the ladies at Beautiful meme for some feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment