Thursday 25 April 2013

FMP - Brief 5 - Cushion Printing

Sophie has managed to book a print slot with digital fabric printing, with intention of printing the cushion and table runner design, to be constructed at a later date. Before doing so we needed to know the dimensions of a cushion and table runner, to know how much we need to print, as we would like to spare some cash were we can.

I had a look within Wilkinsons at cushions to attain some dimentions. Initially Sophie had thought a cushion dimension to be 30cm squared, I was surprised to find there quite a lot bigger than that at 45cm squared. Since is costs nearly £10 per metre, I think just one cushion will be printed, and another will be bought and a design attached using an iron on transfer. 


I'm really looking forward to seeing the final outcome. I asked Lauren, from Thriftbox, whether she could pull the favour of helping me to construct the pillow, which she's willing to help with, which is brill.

No comments:

Post a Comment