Tuesday 2 April 2013

FMP - Brief 8 - Designing and Constructing process

I wanted to get a better understanding of the process which goes behind the designing and constructing of the products so I emailed Lauren to explain. She gave me a brilliant response which was just what I was after.

The response: 

Hey 

I tried messaging you back, but I've got no bloody signal haha. always happens when I want to text!

Would it be ok if I took some pics of stuff tomorrow? I've got to head straight out tonight, and I’ll be out till quite late that’s all!

The process? Of course. With me doing quite a few different products, its hard to really specify, as everything has different processes. But with the keyrings, I have to draw them out myself first in my sketchpad. Sometimes I do quite a few different designs to see which one id prefer to do (I've attached some pics to show the process!). with items that are characters from a film or show, it can be easier, and not a lot of design has to go into it. sometimes I use templates to try and get the right dimensions and sizing, as it can be deceptive when you're trying to make something that will fit in your pocket!

When it comes to my purses, I decide which two colour schemes will work best, as I have to choose the outer fabric, and also a contrasting lining. I frustrate myself with this at times, as I'm not the best coordinated person in the world! (check my fashion sense haha). I use templates for the purses, as these can be quite difficult to get the correct sizing and positioning with the purse frames.

Not too sure what else to add on this part! J

Lauren xx




No comments:

Post a Comment