Wednesday 3 April 2013

Brief 8 - Further design - Concept #1

So yesterday I managed to get quite a strong starting point for the branding, creating a typeface from a cross stitch template. I have decided to stick to this concept and explore and integrate colour in accordance to her products. SO with the photographs taken I swatched an array of colours. After mine and Lauren's email yesterday I have decided to use a simple duo colour palette in relation to her purses and the production of using 2 pieces of fabric / 2 colours.

1 idea I have had, was to produce all of Lauren's material by designing and making custom woven badges in the form of business cards. This is still an idea, but i haven;t heard back from the suppliers, and feel it may be quite a costly approach for someone with such a small business.

So while waiting to hear back from the suppliers I decided to take a paper form for now, but sticking to the cross stitch typeface. After a brief discussion with the guys at Beautiful Meme it was suggested I used the more clean cut, sans serif typeface rather than the italic.

I did a bit more reading into the questions Lauren has answered and realised I was missing a key opportunity - after she had mentioned her most sold product, the keyrings, are all based on TV characters. I thought a great approach would be to look at TV screen in relation to shape, and the pixelated noise they create. So I out my cross stitch pattern into the context of a TV by having a background and foreground, and shaping corners to give a typical vintage TV screen shape. 

I then explored colour further, thinking of how it would work alongside every product she sells, and print collatoral. Overall I've decided to go along with either two or one colour on stock (the bottom designs). The next step I feel is having a discussion with Lauren, or creating a PDF presentation to send over to her.



Potential Final Designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment