Friday 5 April 2013

FMP - Brief 8 - About

For both her mail out and promotional piece I felt it important to add a level of personality, as after all Thirftboxes items are personally made, sewn and put together. I ran through with lauren a few questions about her business and from this I've put together two section - an About, and Words from the designer.

About:

Thriftbox are an online retailer devoted in producing unique handmade gifts



'Words from the designer'
I started making sock monkeys just over a year ago simply for fun, but soon got overrun with friends and family asking for orders. So along came Thriftbox, an easier way for people to access and purchase form my online catalogue. From then on I have had much interest in the items I sell, and have had personal requests for items. 
When designing my products, I tend to keep them quite playful and fun. I aim to sell my products at an affordable cost, to show that profit isn't the key priority of my business. Hand made items don't have to cost the world.
Lauren Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment