Wednesday 1 May 2013

FMP - Brief 3 - Final Book binding

So after making a decision with stock choice, after the given feedback at the crit I was able to re-produce the front covers on the single leaf publications and get started on the larger publication.




The larger publication

Alongside the singlualr publications, i wanted to produce an overall large combination publication - to add to the range within this brief. After many experiments with binding, I chose the coptic bind to be the most appropriate way to categorise the sections within the publication. I have retained 2 of the 5 stocks to retain consistancy between the range.


I'm amazed at how well I've managed to keep the bind together, as my first attempt was quite ammature. I chose the black stitching to be consistent with the monochromatic colour palette of the content within the publication. The chosen stocks were simply chosen out of the 5 for how well they looked together.



Leafs dividing the categories 



The individual publications




No comments:

Post a Comment