Wednesday 1 May 2013

FMP - Brief 1 - Re-assessed direction

So i'm currently really not happy with this brief, after quickly making some nets, applying some colours text and a logo, printing and constructing them I'd realised how lazy i'd been within this brief, considering at one point I wanted to be a packaging designer. So I am dedicating this next week to producing a packaging range I'm proud of.

Firstly the colour palette is a problem, as pre mentioned in a crit, it used the iconic colours of Ikea - Yellow and Blue, so I have decided to change the yellow to a cream - so it won't take to much time to adapt what I've already created.

I want to be more creative with my packaging but have a clear concept. My packaging is to be quite corporate and educational, seeing as services such as Surestart will be offering these to families. I am going to propose a simple minimal design, each item to be numbered, holding a brief description and logo.  Also by using just one colour on stock (blue on antique white) it costs 75% cheaper to produce through printers. 

I have taken inspiration from the following designs:



The designs sketched:









No comments:

Post a Comment